Sunday, July 19, 2009




Pride and Prejudice,


I just finished reading this classic by Jane Austen and love it,,infact I could'nt put down the book for the last 100 pages...I do like this one a little more the Persuasion but not much..if you would like to read a great book then please read Pride and prejudice..so that is 2 down 10 to go in my Everything Austen Challenge..


Now the next book up is Balzac and the Little Chinese steamstress, this one I have to amit got me by the cover and then as I turned over the book to read the back the story had me me this is a short read at 184 pages but after reading Pride and Prejudice and Persuasion I am in need of a quick read,,so keep a lookout for a review on the is and if any of you have already read it please leave a comment about your reguards to it..

Here is the Synopsis of the book:
Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress is an enchanting tale that captures the magic of reading and the wonder of romantic awakening. An immediate international bestseller, it tells the story of two hapless city boys exiled to a remote mountain village for re-education during China’s infamous Cultural Revolution. There the two friends meet the daughter of the local tailor and discover a hidden stash of Western classics in Chinese translation. As they flirt with the seamstress and secretly devour these banned works, the two friends find transit from their grim surroundings to worlds they never imagined

1 comment:

Heather G. said...

I love those books too and look forward to your review of this one as well!