Sunday, August 23, 2009

Hello my friends,

Well it is the first day of the week, and I am working today..but before I run off to work I wanted to make an entry on my blog,,I have finished reading South of Broad by Pat Conroy, and really liked it. It was my first Pat Conroy book that I read and it won't be my last. Between the characters that he built in the story and the description of Charleston South Carolina it was hard to put down to sleep..There is still no knitting or stitching going on here,,just work and hoping for a date as when we will be moving to jacksonville, Florida..

Up next on the reading list is an all time favorite author of mine. And in keeping with the Charleston scenery I will be reading the lastest book in Laura Childs Tea Shop Mystery series, called Oolong Dead, I really like this series and have grown to love the characters in it,,and on top of a cozy mystery story the description of Charleston is very inviting..if you have not read any of the Tea Shop mysteries I highly recommend them..they will have you longing to take a visit to Charleston South Carolina and a sweet bonus is she has put recipes in the back of the book,,,
Synopsis
Delicious recipes, tea-time tips, opera, and murder—in a national bestselling mystery series that's "quickly become a favorite of readers."(Mystery Reader)While riding her horse in a race through the South Carolina Lowcountry, Theodosia Browning finds her arch nemesis, Abby Davis, dead. What's more, the victim's brother is Theodosia's old flame. Who'd have guessed they'd be reunited through cold-blooded murder? Theodosia's investigation takes her from the Lowcountry thicket to the backstage maze of a darkened theater where a maestro of murder waits for the next cue. All proving that when it comes to high drama, Theodosia can give Verdi a run for his money.

1 comment:

Heather G. said...

Stop by when you have some time, I have an award for you:

http://gofita.blogspot.com/2009/08/humane-award.html